Returns + Exchanges
Though we do our best to be as accurate as possible in our representation of the products available on the Mercer + James website, we do not warrant that the product descriptions or other content of this site are complete or error-free. The colors you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display will be accurate. Weights, measures and similar descriptions may be approximate and are provided for convenience only.
If a product offered by us is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it unopened in its original packaging in accordance with the Return Policy.
Return and Refund Policy and Procedures
We want to ensure your satisfaction with any Mercer + James product, and will happily accept returns in accordance with the following Return Policy:
Defective, damaged or incorrect items:
- For all shaving items, due to the hygienic nature of these products, we cannot accept items unless the item was received by you in a damaged or defective condition. Damaged or defective items returned without their original packaging will not receive a refund.
- All returns and exchanges must be pre-authorized by Mercer + James and require an authorization code. Contact us via our contact form to begin the return process and receive your authorization if you are eligible, and include photos of the nature of the damage for review by customer service.
- You must have purchased the item from us at www.mercerandjames.com. Items purchased at any live event are final sale and cannot be returned.
- If you received a damaged or defective item from us, or the wrong item was shipped to you, you will not be responsible for return shipping charges, and we will not charge any restocking or other fee in connection with the return. In addition, you will receive a full refund for the item, as described in our Refund Procedures.
- To obtain a refund, the item must be returned to us, unopened (unless the item was received by you in a defective or damaged condition) and in its original packaging, with all accessories, within 15 calendar days of the date upon which we provided the item to the carrier for shipment to you. You must also follow the Return Procedures specified below.
- For all returns other than damaged, defective or incorrectly-shipped items (see above), you will be responsible for the shipping charges to return the item.
- To obtain your refund, the item must be returned to us, unopened and in its original packaging, with all accessories, within 15 days of the date upon which we provided the item to the carrier for shipment to you. You must also follow the Return Procedures specified below.
Exchange of Wrong-sized Items (Hats Only):
- Hats are a special product, in which fit can be a matter of taste and preference. We strongly encourage you to review the hat size chart carefully, and also strongly recommend hat sizers and stretchers as invaluable tools to achieve your preferred fit. The use of these tools, however, changes their fit to be custom to your preference and therefore renders the hat no longer returnable or exchangeable.
- Hat must be clean and unworn, with no alterations made to size, or other effects from the use of hat sizers or stretchers. You should determine if the fit is close without the use of these tools, and decide if you wish to return or exchange the hat.
- All returns and exchanges must be pre-authorized by Mercer + James and require an authorization code. Contact us via our contact form to begin the return process and receive your authorization if you are eligible.
- To obtain a refund or exchange, the item must be returned to us in its original packaging, with all accessories, within 15 calendar days of the date upon which we provided the item to the carrier for shipment to you. You must also follow the Return Procedures specified below.
- To exchange a size, please contact us via our online contact form and give your order number, as well as the size you would like to exchange to. If that size is not in stock, we will either give you an estimated backorder date, or begin a refund pursuant to our refund policy and its time limitations.
- To exchange sizes, you must have purchased the item from us at www.mercerandjames.com. Items purchased at any live event are final sale and cannot be returned.
- For exchanges, you are responsible for the cost to ship the hat back to us, but we will cover the cost to ship the replacement size back to you via Standard Post for one exchange, as long as all other terms of our exchange policy are met.
Return and Refund Procedure and Policy
Contact us via our online contact form, providing the full order information given to you in your original order confirmation. If you are eligible to make a return, Mercer + James will provide you with USPS return label, which you may be required to print and affix to the package. You should securely pack the item or items that you are returning and include a copy of your original packing slip in an appropriately sized box. Additional damage that is incurred due to inadequate packaging will affect your return eligibility. Affix the shipping label securely on the package to be returned, and bring the package to your local USPS location for shipment. After we receive, inspect and process your return, a refund will be issued in accordance with our Refund Policy stated below.
If you are entitled to a refund in connection with an authorized return, the following conditions will apply:
- Your refund will be in the form of payment used for the purchase.
- The amount refunded will be the purchase price paid by you for the returned item, including sales tax.
Credits will be issued after we receive, inspect and process your return, which may take up to 30 days from receipt of the item or items in question. Your credit card company determines when the credit will be reflected in your statement, and it may take one full billing cycle for the credit to appear on your account. Mercer + James will notify you of the status of your return and refund in a timely manner, but cannot control refund timing on the part of a third party credit card company.